Saturday 26 September 2015

Relationships

Hey guys! So as you may have already guessed, today's post is about relationships.

Now, my relationships (if you could even call them that) haven't been very successful. I think that the longest relationship I've ever had lasted about 2 maybe 3 months. And I think that one was from year 7/8 so we probably never had a proper conversation face-to-face. Year 7 relationships were great weren't they *note the sarcasm*.

But anyway, if you've read/seen my latest tweet (@teenagelifebeth) you may know that yesterday was my nan and grandad's 50th wedding anniversary (golden).

Now, I could never imagine any relationship of mine lasting that long. They got married when they were 20 and 22 which is pretty young. That's basically saying in 5-7 years time, I'm going to be married (I'm not, btw).

But I don't see how they've made their marriage last this long. I didn't even know it was their 50th anniversary until a few weeks ago (best granddaughter ever me).

I guess the point of today's post is that every girl (if you're like me) dreams of meeting the one and staying together for the rest of your life. I'm yet to meet that person. Or maybe I have already met them? Maybe I go to school with that person and we'll meet again in 10 years time and spend the rest of our lives together. Who knows?

I mean, I saw a post somewhere online (the internet takes me to weird places) and someone was saying how they'd dated this guy when they were 15 (my age) and about 10 years later they bumped into each other and they're now married and have 2 kids with a third on the way. How awesome would that be? They hadn't even kept in contact with each other for all those years.

I also see girls posting on the internet how they're 16 and have never had a boyfriend or haven't had their first kiss or think they're gonna be alone forever. If you're one of those people, don't think you're alone in that cause you're not. And you may think those things but you will have a boyfriend, you will have your first kiss and you won't be alone forever. I'm still quite young and I've learnt from past experiences that you can be chasing the wrong guy when the right guy is behind you. You've just got to know where to look. Don't worry, you'll find him. You've just got to be patient.

I'm probably the last person to be giving out relationship advice but if you want to ask anything, feel free to comment below. If it's more personal, feel free to DM me on twitter @teenagelifebeth and I will reply.

Love Beth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment