Saturday 6 February 2016

Pacifica

Hey everyone!

As most of you may know from some of my previous posts, I suffer from anxiety. I have often found that because of my anxiety, I often have trouble being me and being able to do things outside of my comfort zone without having to worry about having anxiety attacks. And sometimes if I've had a bad day at school or somewhere else, I will come home in a bad mood and will be in a bad mood and will probably start having anxiety attacks that night on what's going to happen at school the next day; especially if I know I've got a test or something like that.

As you know, I have been quite open about my anxiety in some of my posts and on Twitter. However, this isn't a diary and I can't give you daily updates on what my day was like and how my anxiety was because that would be quite boring. So even though I am able to tell you about a time where my anxiety was particularly bad, I can't give you little updates on how it affected me that day. I was struggling to find a way to give those smaller details of my anxiety or in general, what happened that day.

I was on the App Store one day and saw an app called Pacifica which was under Health and Fitness. For some reason I was instantly interested in it and after reading the description I was sold. It helps relieve any stress or anxiety you may have and also helps deal with depression. It lets you pick out what you need help with the most and then you have to set a long term goal for yourself. Mine is to feel less stress or anxiety in social situations. You can also pick out a daily goal for yourself to do such as saying hi to someone at school or inviting a friend over.

As well as these, you can write your mood about your day. You can choose between feelings such as good, okay and not good (as well as a few others) and based on how you're feeling (such as good) you can choose out of emotions such as happy, grateful and loved or you can create your own. You can then write something down about why you feel this way.

You can also write down any thoughts you might have about your day. If it's a negative thought, it lets you highlight a negative phrase you might have used and turn it into a positive. For example, my negative phrase was I know I'm going to end up alone but I turned it into a positive by saying I just need to include myself and start joining in with conversations. By turning a negative thought into a positive one, it can make you feel a lot more better about yourself. It may not seem like that at first but it really does help.

Another feature of Pacifica is health. This lets you put down things you've done that day such as if you've had a shower/bath, how much quality time you've spent with your family/friends and how much exercise you've done. This is a part of monitoring your progress, along with your mood, that you can look at to see how much progress you've made since you first started using the app.


I would really recommend this app because it has helped quite a bit with my anxiety and how I control it. You can also talk to other users who are going through something similar to you and you can offer them advice on something you've dealt with that they're going through right now,

My anxiety has been very difficult to deal with these past few months, as the majority of the time I had it under control, but with this blog and Pacifica its helped keep my emotions and anxiety under control. And being able to monitor the progress I make is even better because I can see how far I've come since day 1. And you can to by downloading the app.

If you have any questions about the app and how to use it, please don't be afraid to contact me. All of my contact information is in the contact tab at the top of the page.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment