Sunday 24 July 2016

Dear Boys

Boys. They're a complicated species. As a girl I find it difficult to work out how a boy is feeling and what his thoughts are. And yes, it does get very frustrating. And more often than not they turn out to be the complete opposite of what you thought they were. You think that they're nice and that you're the only girl that he talks to (in a more than friends way) when actually he talks to a lot of other girls and suddenly starts to ignore you. In other words; he's what everyone warned you he was like but you chose to ignore them because you thought you really knew him: when you didn't.

I'm not saying all boys are like this. Quite a few of them are genuine and really mean it when they tell you they miss you or are concerned about you if you're feeling down or not your usual self. But even if they do talk to other girls they can still mean it when they say they miss you. It's just that if you are a girl and you find out that they boy you like also talks to other girls, you can't help but wonder what he says to them. You have no way of seeing those messages. You don't know if what he's saying to you he's also saying to the other girls. You don't know if a message he sends to you telling you that he misses you wasn't really for you and was actually for one of the other girls. But because at this point you're either 'just friends' or slightly more, you have no say in who he talks to. But it's just the fact that you know he's talking to other girls as well as you that makes you annoyed at him and really paranoid. It's infuriating.

I mean, it could all be innocent. He could just be friends with these other girls and you're the only one he wants to be with. Then again, can a boy and a girl really be just friends? I mean, there must be feelings somewhere; right? I couldn't imagine going through life and being just friends with a boy. Knowing me I'd start having feelings for him at some point. And who knows how he'd feel towards me. Would he see us as just friends or as something more? I could never know these things unless he told me. I couldn't tell him because I'd be too afraid of making a fool of myself or putting the friendship in jeopardy. There's no point in ruining a good friendship over some crush. I'd rather be able to try and put my feelings aside and stay good friends with him than admit those feelings only to be told that he didn't feel the same and have the friendship ruined. Nothing could ever be the same after that.

I know a lot of people say that you might as well tell someone how you really feel because the worst they can say is no. But what if that 'no' is the end of everything? What if that friendship ends right there and then? What happens if he laughs at you for even thinking like that? I know that if that happened to me I'd never be able to see him again. I probably wouldn't leave my room for weeks. And even when I did manage to finally leave my house I'd probably have to have someone with me at all times to protect me in case I ran into him. 

And what happens if he tells his friends what had happened? Then what? If he hadn't already laughed at me then they certainly would. And even if he had laughed at me they'd laugh at me as well. Either way they'd laugh at me. And then they'd tell their friends and before I knew it it would have gone around everyone. Even people in Australia would've probably heard about how much of an idiot I was. They'd be laughing at me even if they didn't know me (which they don't because I don't know anyone from Australia). 

So boys, if you're talking to more than one girl, please don't. Because we think that we're the only girl you talk to and when we find out that we're not, it really upsets us. I'm not saying you can't be friends with more than one girl; in which case it's fine for you to talk to them. However, don't talk to more than one girl if it's in a way that's more than just friends. And don't continue to talk to your ex's either because when we find out it makes us think that you're thinking of getting back together with them. And also don't suddenly get a girlfriend and either continue talking to other girls as if you're more than just friends with them. Or don't suddenly get a girlfriend and then not tell the other girl(s) and suddenly ignore them or carry on talking to them in the same way because it's not fair on them or your girlfriend.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment