Sunday 4 November 2018

What's on my Bucket List

Okay so I feel that this is a pretty standard post to do and I think that a lot of the things on this list are the stereotypical 'bucket list' items, however I just thought that I would share with you all some of what's on my bucket list just in case any of you might see something on here that you like the sound of and decide that it's something that you might want to do. I have also done it as something for me so that over the years I can look back on it and see which things I have/haven't done and tick them all off as I go along.

1. Travel the World
Okay, so this is DEFINITELY something that I think is on everyone's bucket list, however for as long as I can remember all I have ever wanted to do is to see and explore the world. I am from a very small town where there isn't much culture and all I have ever wanted to do is to experience a variety of different cultures where people's lives are much different to my own. The main places that I want to travel are Australia, America, Asia, Africa and parts of Europe. I get that some of these are, again, pretty standard but they are places that I have pretty much always wanted to go to. I did consider doing a bit of travelling this year instead of going to university and was planning on going to Australia and doing a bit of work there for six to nine months and then spending the rest of the year travelling around parts of Australia that I hadn't been to; as well as India, China, and Thailand.

2. Start a family
I get that this might be quite a weird thing to say, but I feel that I am a very maternal person. I have only ever dreamed of finding a guy who treats me well, has good career aspirations (and a guy who's fit 😉) who I eventually end up marrying, sharing a house, a dog, a cat, a family car and having our own little family together. I know that I am aiming pretty high here but I guess a girl can only dream and this is what I would like my life to be like by the time I am 40 AT THE LATEST!!! This is one of my main goals in life and I think that if I never achieved this then it is quite possibly the thing on this list that I would be most disappointed at myself with.

3. Achieve my dream career
Again, I feel that this is something that everyone wants to eventually be able to achieve, but this is something that is very important to me. Growing up, I have continuously been changing my mind about what profession I want to go into when I'm older, however over the last couple of years I have realised that I want to be in a job where I am working with children. As I am doing an Early Childhood Studies degree, this can lead me on to a variety of different professions that I could eventually go into involving children, with my two choices being between a teacher and a social worker. I am hoping that by the end of this degree I know which one I want to become so that I can pick the right postgraduate degree to take so that I can be one step closer to being in a job that I will happily wake up to go to each morning.

4. Do a bungee jump
For some completely strange and weird reason, ever since I can remember I have always wanted to do a bungee jump. I have absolutely no idea where this comes from as I am incredibly scared of heights and one of my worst fears is falling from something that's very high up; so putting both of these two things together probably means that if I do ever do this then it's going to be a very bad idea. However, I guess they say that you should try to conquer your fears so I guess that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to do that.

5. Do a sky dive
Again, this is probably something that I shouldn't be doing if I am terrified of heights and falling, however another thing that I have always wanted to do is a sky dive. Whenever I've seen other people doing them (such as on I'm a Celeb when they're entering the jungle) I have always been slightly jealous of the opportunity that they have been given and wish that it was me that was able to do that. If I do ever do a sky dive (this goes for a bungee jump as well) I would love to be able to do it for charity and wouldn't want to do it just for the sake of being able to say that I've done one. I would much prefer to be able to say that I have done a sky dive for a charity that means a lot to me and that I've been able to raise money for such a really great cause whilst doing something really out of my comfort zone.

These are the top five things on my bucket list. There are loads of other things on there, however if I put them all onto this post then it would be a very long post and for someone to actually sit down and read the whole thing would be very commendable. But if you would like to know some of the other things on my bucket list and would like me to do a part two, then please comment down below. Also let me know some of the things that are on your bucket list as I would love to hear them.

Love Beth xx

1 comment:

  1. That’s a great bucket list! Hope you achieve everything on your list

    ReplyDelete