Wednesday 28 October 2015

Paranoia

Hey everyone!

As most of you who are regular readers of my blog will know, I have been writing about how I have anxiety and what I go through each day because of it. I know one or two of you have commented on my posts or said stuff about it on twitter and you've all been so kind and I want to thank you for your support (sends virtual hug).

One thing that I get because of anxiety is paranoia. I constantly feel paranoid that someone is talking about me. That's why I always feel the need to stay in a room and be the last one to leave, or leave with everyone else, so that I know they're not talking about me.

Recently there was a school trip to France and Belgium which I didn't go on. However, the other night I was lying in bed, while they were on the trip, and got really paranoid that they would be talking about me. I don't know why that is as I'm a quiet person and I don't see why people would want to talk about me. However, I was convinced that they would all, or most of them (especially the girls), would be talking about me.

Today, for example, I went to the pub for lunch with my mum, brothers, nan and grandad. At one point my mum sent me to go with my grandad to go and get some drinks. I got really paranoid that my mum would start talking about me to my nan while I was gone. I was too scared to leave. But I still went to help my grandad anyway. I don't think she did talk about me.

I know I shouldn't get paranoid but I can't help it. If I ever hear my name, even though they could be talking about or to the person with the same name as me, or hear something that sounds like my name even though it isn't, I automatically jump to the conclusion that they're talking about me and I get so paranoid. Having paranoia and anxiety is affecting my dad-to-day life and it's not fair!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets paranoid from time to time (or in my case all the time) so please leave a comment below or mention/dm me on twitter (@teenagelifebeth) and tell me about how having anxiety or paranoia affects your life.

If you have any ways that help you control it please let me know as it would be a massive favour to me and I will be forever grateful to you as I'm starting to hate my life when my anxiety gets really bad as there's nothing I can do to control it.

That's it from me! Look out for Saturday's post for a Halloween special (don't know what it's going to be about but something Halloween based).

Thank you for reading and don't forget to comment below and also comment if there's any issues/topics that you want me to cover in my posts - I'm open for any suggestions.

Love Beth xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beth,

    Reading your post really brought tears to my ears.I understand you and i have been that way before.One things i realise with life in general is that whether you like it or not people will always talk about you at your back.They will always gossip about you because there will be good things in you that others love but dont have and they will be motivated by envy to gossip behind you.

    What have helped me over the years is knowing who i am, i understand i cant make every one happy all the time and i am learning to love me without the approval of others.My faith has also palyed a big role in the way i see myself, i use to suffer from alot of insecurities and low self esteem and each day i am getting better at been secured in my self and not wanting other peoples validation or approval,

    ReplyDelete