Saturday 7 November 2015

Life

Hi all!

So yesterday at school we had this workshop during our core/re lesson which I don't properly understand what it was about, however it was very interesting.

We were split into 3 groups and had to go round different stations. 

The first was a long piece of paper and we all had to either write or draw on it what we think represents life. I wrote life = school, stress & music because it's true isn't it? 

Life = school because that's all we ever seem to do. We pretty much go to school for 6 hours a day, 5                       days a week and we always have homework to do at the weekend and never seem to                             have time for a social life.

Life = stress because of school. They pressure us with exams and give us unnecessary tests in class                          and then have a go at us if we fail. Yet when we fail, it's always automatically our fault                        and that we never revised properly and never seems to be the teachers fault. 

Life = music because music helps us get through anything and everything. The right song creates the                        right mood and it doesn't matter what song it is, we all seem to be able to relate to the                          lyrics in one way or another.

On the second one, there was a few different things around the room where we could write about anything going on in our lives. The first thing I went to was where we had to write a question about life. I wrote why is life already really complicated at this age? The next thing was where there are a load of stones and you pick one up and have to write one word on it to do with your life. I wrote anxiety because those of you who are regular readers will know that I have anxiety. The next was where you have a post-it note and you have to write some kind of thanks on it and stick it on a board. I wrote thanks to the people who have always stuck by me because not many people have, and the ones who have are basically just my mum and maybe one or two others. The last one was where you had a cardboard tag and you had to write something that you find hard to cope with on it. I wrote anxiety & exams because those seem to be two of the biggest things in my life at the moment.

The last station was where there were a load of pictures and we had to say what we though each picture was representing. I'm not going to talk much about this one because it wasn't that interesting.

After that hour, I felt so much better for the rest of today and never felt a sense of paranoia and barely had any anxiety. I think the session helped open my eyes and the fact that other people had written things similar to me made me feel so much better that there are other people in my year experiencing the same things as me. It was also great because the whole thing was anonymous so no one knew who had written what. However, when I was writing things about my anxiety, I did have to hide it from my "friends" because I didn't want them to find out (not that they'd care anyway).

I would really recommend you trying something like this because this workshop was probably one of the best things I've done at school and it helped me get rid of everything about my anxiety that I've been keeping to myself for a very long time. Even if you don't get the chance to do something like this at school, you could maybe try it at home or maybe with friends. But honestly, it was a great help to me as I'm sure it will be to you.

If you have any questions about this or any other issues I've raised in my posts, please don't be afraid to DM me on twitter (@teenagelifebeth) or contact me by email (teenagelifebeth@gmail.com).

It would be a great help to me if you could comment below what you thought of this post or if you could give me any ideas for future posts.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment