Saturday 21 November 2015

Being a Lifestyle Blogger

Hey everybody!

First of all, at the moment I'm kind of struggling for ideas about what I'm going to write about in my posts.  If you have any ideas about what I could write about or have a particular subject that you want me to talk about then please let me know either in the comments below, on twitter @teenagelifebeth or by emailing me teenagelifebeth@gmail.com.

Moving on, for today's post I am going to be telling you what it's like being a lifestyle blogger, what it involves and how you can be one too.

What it's like
Being a lifestyle blogger is great. It's a way for you to talk about everyday life and give people advice from your own experiences in order to help them. What makes it great is that every lifestyle blogger will talk about a different subject because of what they've experienced and even if you and someone else have gone through the same thing, you both have different advice to people who are also experiencing it so they can try different things to get through it. I love being a lifestyle blogger because every post to me is different and I love every week being able to tell you all about what's happened since I last updated my blog and talking about everything I've experienced. What makes it better is that even though I'm the one mostly giving advice, I sometimes get you guys giving me advice too, even if it's something I've put on twitter, and that really helps me.

What it involves
Being a lifestyle blogger involves you telling your readers about life in general. It's always better if you tell them about your own experiences of a subject instead of something that you've never experienced because you can't really give your readers advice if they're going through it. With my posts I always write from the heart and from my own experiences so that you, the reader, can really relate to me and also so that I can relate to any of you who have also experienced what I've experienced.
                     Being a blogger also involves social media quite a lot of the time as it's a way to attract more readers to your blog. If you are a blogger but don't advertise your blog on social media then I would recommend doing so as if I didn't post links from my blog on twitter, there is no way I'd have half the amount of readers as I do now. I think the main social media to get for your blog is twitter as you can use a lot more hash tags and there's also weekly chats which help publicise your blog even more.  As of now I do only have twitter for my blog but pretty soon I am going to make a page for my blog on facebook.
                                    But it's not all about publicising your blog on social media as this is also a way to interact with your followers and readers if you include stuff about you as well; such as something that happened that day and even if it's just telling your followers what you're watching, you'll find that more people will start loving you and even go and read your blog if you interact with them.

How YOU can be a lifestyle blogger
Being a lifestyle blogger doesn't take much. It just involves you talking about everyday life. If you're only in it because you want to gain followers or want to try and become famous somehow then this isn't for you. At the end of the day, even if I only have one reader of my blog then I'll still update if it means I'm helping one person. Don't be one of those people who tells they're followers that you're only going to update if you get a certain amount of reads or comments because that makes you come across as someone who's only in it for the fame and doesn't really care.
               You also only need to be yourself on here. In all my posts and on social media I am the real me and not someone who people see me as in school, which is what makes more people love you and want to read you're blog.

I hope this has helped some of you understand what being a lifestyle blogger really is and how you can be one to. If you have any questions either; comment below, mention/DM me on twitter @teenagelifebeth or email me teenagelifebeth@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading!

Love Beth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment