Saturday 13 August 2016

Forgetting Your Worries

We all have things in life that we worry and stress over. In fact, I often think that worry and stress has become a part of my everyday life - which isn't a good thing. These things that we worry and stress over often make it difficult for us to do our everyday tasks without having them in the back of our mind. But there are ways that you can escape these worries and stresses. 

1. Watch comedy shows
If you're worrying or stressing over something then you are most likely not smiling about it. Comedy shows can help you to forget everything you're worrying and stressing about and to just focus on what you're watching and laugh. I guess this is because you're so busy laughing at what's being said that you can forget about everything else that's going on in your life. I heard this tip from someone about a month ago and I never really realised before about how much it works. I've had a lot of stuff on my mind recently and I was watching a comedy panel show the other day and I completely forgot about what was worrying and stressing me out and I was able to focus on the show and laugh about it. 

2. Read a book
Reading is known to calm you down and relax your mind: which is why a lot of people will read a book before going to bed. I often find that by reading a book I'm able to ignore what's going on around me or in my life and focus on what's happening in the book. I also feel that it's almost as if I'm actually in the book and everything that's going on in the main characters life is happening to me. It's almost as if I am that character. Reading definitely blocks out all of the stresses and worries of your life and allows you to be in the moment of what's happening in the book and not what's currently worrying you or stressing you out in your life.

3. Listen to music
I know that with a lot of songs that you might listen to, you often find yourself completely relating to the song with your current situation which only makes you think about it more. However, just by putting your earphones in and listening to music, you're blocking out the rest of the world. Make a playlist with lots of songs in it that make you feel happy and that you want to dance to. It will make you feel so much better; I promise you. As long as it keeps you happy and distracts you from everything else that's going on then you'll be more than fine.

4. Take a bath
Another thing that I find works for me whenever I'm worried or stressed is by taking a bath. It helps me to relax and calm down; especially if I've been having a rough day. I normally find baths a chore because you've got to wait ages for the tub to fill up and it's always either too hot or too cold which results in me having to let some of the water out so I can put some more water in to get it at the right temperature. But if you put all of that aside they're actually pretty relaxing. It can also give you a chance to use a new bath bomb (or any bath product) that you've been wanting to try out for ages but have never gotten the chance to. Something that can make a bath even more relaxing is candles. You can just lie in the bath in the dark with some candles. You could maybe even listen to some relaxing music while you're in there and if it's light enough you could read a book. If you really wanted to you could even turn it into a pampering session. I just find the baths are really good at cleansing your body and your mind. 

5. Sing
You don't have to be an excellent singer just to sing. You don't have to sound like BeyoncĂ©. I am probably the worst singer in the world but I still sing to just try and focus my mind on something other than what's going on in my life at that moment. Singing is supposed to release good endorphins which make you feel happy. Even if it's just singing along to one of your favourite songs on the radio; it will make you feel better. If I'm home alone I tend to go on YouTube and find the karaoke version of any song that I like and I sing that and any other songs I can find on there that I know really well and love. You can think this is weird if you want to but I've found that doing this makes me completely focus on the song and nothing else. 

I hope that this post has helped you find some ways of how to forget about anything that you may be worried or stressed about at the moment. You don't even need to feel stressed or worried to try out some (or all) of these things. I often use them whenever I've got a lot on my mind or if there's been a lot of things going on around me that can cause my mood to change quite a lot. I just think that they allow you to forget about everything else that's going on in your life at that point and to focus on whatever it is you're doing to forget about everything.

If this post has helped you, even in the smallest way possible, then please let me know in the comments below. If you have any other tips that you've found quite useful when it comes to getting rid of any stresses or worries you have then I would love it if you could put them in the comments below. 

Thank you for reading and if you have any other queries then don't be afraid to ask. All of my contact details are in the comments tab at the top of the page.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment