Sunday 28 August 2016

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today I made the decision to create a blog. It was something I had been familiar with for a few years but had never quite figured out what I should blog about or how exactly to do it. In fact, it was only this time last year that I had first started watching youtubers and had bought Zoella's (Zoe Sugg's) book Girl Online. It was reading that book that made me realise that I wanted to become a blogger and knew what I wanted to blog about. And that, my friends, is the life of a teenager.

What I wanted to do was create a blog that all teenagers could relate to. I wanted to share with you my own experiences during this period of my life to see if any of you had experienced the same thing or something similar. I also wanted to help give you advice on things that you weren't sure about and too generally be someone who you could talk to at any time without fearing judgement. This is because I find it's sometimes easier to talk to someone who you don't know because they can give you the best advice possible for you instead of giving you advice that wouldn't be that useful for you.

When I first started this little blog, I never imagined that it would get as far as it has. Right now, this little blog has 3,081 reads and people reading it in the United States, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Jordan, Russia, Brazil, Canada, Turkey, Ireland, Ukraine and Swedan. Never in a million years did I think that I, you're (kind of) average 16 year old teenage girl from a small town in the UK, imagine that my small little blog would have been read in 12 different countries; including my own.

I would just like to take this moment to thank youtubers and other bloggers for inspiring me to do what I do now. I have been so welcomed into this community and if it wasn't for you encouraging and inspiring me to keep doing what I'm doing, then I would have stopped this months ago - and maybe even never have started it. I especially thank Zoella who was the one who inspired me to write this blog in the first place and I don't think I would have started it without her. I would also like to thank anyone of you who has retweeted or liked the link I share on Twitter to my blog and the various posts on it. You don't understand how much that helps to get more people to view this blog and potentially help them, so thank you for that.

And finally, I would like to thank you: the reader. It is you who has, especially, helped me to carry on with this blog by your comments, and in general just by reading it. I am always so stunned as to why anyone would take a few minutes out of their day just to read the posts that I put up on here. Even after being here for a year, it still amazes me to this day as to why anyone would want to read any of this. I'm sure it'll continue to amaze me in the many years to come (if anyone is still reading this).

Thank you so much to you all for the past year - it's been a blast! And here's to the next year (and hopefully many years to come) of this tiny little blog.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment