Saturday 23 January 2016

Dealing with Fake People

Hey everyone!

Fake people seem to be a part of life. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, you will end up having to deal with fakes at various times in your life. In fact, it seems that normal to come across a fake person that we never look twice.

But what do fake people bring into our lives exactly?

The feeling of not being good enough enough (read my last post on this). They make you feel worthless at the end. At the start, they promise you the world. Or they do something simple such as being nice to you. And you think you've found a genuine friend. Or a genuine person. But they're not. They're as fake as my fake nails (and that's very fake).

The majority of fake people in this world is girls. If you don't agree with me then I understand but all I ask of you is to think really hard about this. How many girls in this world do you know that act fake? For me, it's a lot.

As I'm a girl, I reckon that the reason why the majority of fake people is girls is because we like to be nice to each other face-to-face. I'm not saying we're all like this because you can occasionally find at least one girl who is 100% genuine. However, even if someone is genuine with 99% of the people they know, they'll probably act fake to the other 1%. That may be because they don't like them but don't want to admit it. Or it may be another reason. But the most likely reason is because they don't like them.

So how exactly should we deal with fake people?

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them. I know this may seem obvious but if you ignore someone then they're more likely to leave you alone than if you carry on talking to them. They're like an annoying younger brother or sister. They pester you for attention but when you don't give it to them they soon get bored and go and annoy someone else. That's pretty much what fake people are like. Okay, so even if you do ignore them they might still talk about you behind your back but it won't be anywhere near as much, and hopefully not at all.

One thing important to remember is to never stoop down to their level. That's the worst place you could possibly go. And believe me, you don't want to go there. So just remember to stay true to yourself and stay real, not fake, for your sake and also for other people's.

I don't know how useful this post has been but I know we all have to deal with fake people at one point or another through life so I thought I'd post it. And if you have your own tips on how to deal with these kind of people, please feel free to comment them below or tweet and mention me on Twitter (@teenagelifebeth). Who knows, we could all end up helping each other!

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment