Saturday 10 December 2016

Blogmas Day 10: Things I Love About Christmas

I love a variety of different things about Christmas. I don't think that there's one part of Christmas that I don't like. So today I thought I'd share with you the main things that I love about Christmas and why I love them so much.

Lights
Christmas lights are a big part of Christmas. They just make everything so much brighter and make going somewhere in the dark feel so much more fun and exciting. The netball matches I have at the moment are on quite late and I'm never in the mood for them, especially after having had a whole day of school just a few hours before, but being able to see all of the Christmas lights make getting there so much better and kind of lifts my spirits a bit. I think that's what Christmas lights do to you. They lift your spirits and instantly make you feel so much happier; especially when you see that someone's put a bit of effort into Christmas.

Tree
Today we managed to put up our real Christmas tree. We've had our fake one up for a few weeks now. But I find the real trees so much better because they just smell of Christmas and I just find them so much more fun to put up. The fake ones pretty much come with their own decorations (well ours does anyway) and there's never that many decorations to put on them. But with the real ones there are so many more decorations that you can put on the tree, especially as they are normally so much bigger anyway, and it's more fun in deciding where to put all of the decorations.

Presents
Presents are definitely a key part of Christmas for me. I love receiving presents off people; especially when I can tell that they've put a lot of effort into trying to find the perfect present for me. But I also love giving people presents. I guess this is because I like to watch their face as they open the present and they look genuinely happy with what I've brought them; either that or they're very good at acting. But I find that presents bring people so much joy and happiness at this time of year and if they get something from someone that's taken them a lot of time and effort to get, then it helps that person to feel really appreciated; especially if they've been having a really bad time.

Food
I mean, who doesn't love the food at Christmas? The Christmas dinner is definitely the highlight of my Christmas Day. I literally don't eat that much food on Christmas Day or Christmas morning just to make sure that I've got enough room to have starters, main and puddings for dinner. I think that the Christmas dinner is definitely the thing that I've been most looking forward to this year. I even really love sprouts. I mean, they're not my absolute favourites but they are a part of Christmas and I think that we all need to embrace that. I always look forward to turkey and never get why people have their Christmas dinner without a turkey. But the definite highlight are the pigs in blankets. Just thinking about them now is making my mouth water. I guess it's because I don't eat them at any other time of the year which is why they are the definitive highlight of my Christmas dinner.

So there are my four most favourite things about Christmas. But what are yours? Comment below what your favourite things about Christmas are. I'm also really interested to know how many of you love/hate sprouts and I'm going to run a poll on Twitter. Click here to take part in that poll. Thank you for reading and remember to comment down below what your favourite parts about Christmas are.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment