Wednesday 14 December 2016

Blogmas Day 14: Your Favourite Christmas Adverts

As per the Christmas tradition, there are a lot of Christmas adverts that are released at this time of year (obviously - I mean it is Christmas after all). So today I thought that I'd share with you some of my favourite Christmas adverts at the moment.

John Lewis
 
This is probably one of the most anticipated adverts each year. I don't think it had quite the same effect as last years (I'll admit now that I cried a few times at last years) but it is still pretty good. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person who thinks that at some points in the advert, the dog is animated (mostly the part when he's on the trampoline) but let me know in the comments below what you think. When I found out it was out I was in school and I literally just got YouTube up on my phone and watched it because I was that excited to watch it. I was kind of disappointed by what I saw because I thought it would be similar to last years (really emotional) but it wasn't and just seemed to be a better than average Christmas advert. However, I do really like the advert but part of me wanted it to be another tear jerker like last years.

Sainsbury's
 
The Sainsbury's Christmas advert is probably my favourite Christmas advert this year. When I first heard that James Corden was singing in it I knew that it was going to be good; but I wasn't prepared for how good it was going to be. Everything about it is brilliant. I love the concept about it because it's a well known fact that everyone is always really busy at this time of year and there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. One thing I particularly like about this advert is the song because it explains the story perfectly and is something that if it was just released on its own, I would download it. If you haven't already seen this then I don't know what you've been doing or where you've been for the past few weeks but you really need to get on YouTube and search this advert.

Marks and Spencer
 
I've found this year that the Marks and Spencer advert was better than the John Lewis advert and I've never thought that before so I have no idea where it came from. I really like the idea behind this advert and how it's not just the men who do all the work and that it's both of them as women are involved as well. This advert is great as it gets rid of gender stereotypes and has also modernised Christmas by her having a helicopter instead of some reindeer and a sleigh. I know that some people might not like that aspect of it but I really like it. I also feel like I can relate to the brother and sister in it who are fighting and are the reason why Mrs Claus has to deliver a present; but, and I know this sounds bad, I wouldn't ask for a new pair of shoes for my brother if I had wrecked his old ones. But I find it's a really sweet advert that brings women into the limelight.

So there are my three favourite Christmas adverts this year. If you have any other favourites or disagree with the choices I've made then please let me know in the comments down below. 

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment