Thursday 15 December 2016

Blogmas Day 15: Favourite Childhood Christmas Memory

As I am 16, I have a number of different childhood memories from Christmas. There have been so many that it's been really hard to pick just one. However, I have picked one that I have found to be the most memorable and the most interesting for you.

I can't remember exactly how old I was but I think that I was about 6/7 and at a slight push I was probably 8; so it was sometime between 2006 and 2008. We'd spent the morning opening our presents and we'd just had our Christmas dinner. 

I remember looking outside and it was snowing quite heavily. I really wanted to go outside and play in it but my mum wouldn't let me until my dinner had gone down (I had probably eaten quite a lot to be fair). 

I'm pretty sure it had already snowed before Christmas Day that year as I can remember there being quite a lot of snow at the time and there was no way that that amount of snow could have fallen in the space of an hour. 

Anyway, in that space of time my mum finally let me outside. I can remember being so happy and excited that I was finally able to go out and play in the snow. It's the only Christmas that I can remember it actually snowing on Christmas Day. There had been years before that (and a few after) where there was snow on Christmas Day but it had been there for a few days already and it hadn't actually snowed on Christmas Day. I'm pretty sure that that year was my first (and possibly last) white Christmas.

I'm pretty sure that it was only me, my brother and my grandad that went outside. Everyone else stayed inside (BORING!!!). I can remember it vividly because I remember making a snowman with my brother and then we put my grandads pipe in its mouth. We used sticks as its arms and I have a feeling that we also put a scarf, hat and gloves on it. I know we definitely did one year but I can't quite remember if it was that year or the year after.

So there is my favourite childhood Christmas memory. I think that this one's my favourite because it involves snow and I don't think that we've actually had any snow at Christmas (or at all) for a few years now. But I would really love to know what your favourite Christmas memory is so please comment them down below.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment