Friday 2 December 2016

Blogmas Day 2: How To Get Into The Christmas Spirit

Over the past couple of years, for some unknown reason, I have found it rather difficult to get into the Christmas spirit. This was especially true last year as the one time of the year that I was completely ready for Christmas was during Halloween and after that, any Christmas spirit I had had gone. I am writing this post to give you five of my top tips on how to get into the Christmas spirit.

1. Watch youtubers Christmas videos/vlogs
This is what I did last year that helped me get into the Christmas spirit at Halloween (don't ask me how). I guess that's why I couldn't get into the Christmas spirit at Christmas last year because I'd already watched all of their Christmas videos in one go and was then only able to watch the occasional one that was put up. So if you're finding it hard to get into the Christmas spirit this year, go and watch some youtubers Christmas videos or their vlogmas. Or you could also read some blog posts by bloggers who are doing blogmas (hint hint).

2. Go to a Christmas lights switch on
Seeing the Christmas lights being turned on in your town is a definite sign that Christmas is on the way. It just makes everything seem that bit more festive. I think it's also the fact that, I know this is true in my town, there's santa there, mulled wine, minced pies, a tree and practically everything that is involved with Christmas there. I particularly like the Christmas lights switch on because, for me, it signals the start of Christmas. I absolutely love Christmas and everything about it. I mean, what's not to like?

3. Watch Christmas adverts
You also know that Christmas is on the way when the Christmas adverts start coming on the TV. This is especially when the John Lewis and Coca Cola adverts come on. For me, they are the two main Christmas adverts that I look out for each year. However this year I also particularly like the Sainsbury's Christmas advert and, as much as it pains me to say it, I kind of think that it's better than the John Lewis advert. I'm also really loving the M&S advert as well. I just think that when it hits November and these adverts start coming out, you know Christmas isn't that far away.

4. Watch Christmas films
Another good way to start getting into the Christmas spirit is by watching Christmas films. I do really love watching Christmas films (even though I've never watched Elf - please don't hate me!). I really like the Nativity films (if you're not from the UK you might not have seen - or even heard - of them and I highly recommend that you try and watch them if you can). My personal favourite is the first one as I find it the funniest. The second one is pretty good but I think that they turned the third into more of a musical (and not that much of a good one) so it's not the best. But a good Christmas film can always get you in the mood for Christmas.

5. Listen to Christmas songs
I'm just going to kick this one off by saying something (and please don't judge me) - I've been listening to Christmas songs since September. I just love them that much and I'd listen to them all year long if I could - to be fair, I probably will, not going to lie. A few of my favourites are I'll Be Home ~ Meghan Trainor, The Power Of Love ~ Gabriella Aplin and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas ~ Christina Aguilera. I just feel like once you hear a Christmas song, you can't help but belt it out at the top of your lungs and don't care what other people think about you. 

So there are my top five tips for getting you into the Christmas spirit this year. If you have any other tips, please feel free to leave them in the comments below as you could help someone get into the Christmas spirit this year. 

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment