Monday 5 December 2016

Blogmas Day 5: Favourite Christmas Songs

Christmas songs are probably one of the best things about Christmas. They are the first thing that I go to to try and get myself in the festive spirit. I listen to them on my way to school, when I'm in school, when I'm on my way home from school, when I'm at home - you can basically guarantee that if I'm listening to music, I'm listening to Christmas songs. So, I have made a list of all of my favourite Christmas songs to give you a few recommendations of what songs you should listen to if you don't know where to start.

Anything by Michael Bublé
Michael BublĂ© is honestly the best person to go to if you want to listen to a Christmas song. He literally only releases songs at Christmas I swear. I absolutely love all of his songs; however some of my personal favourites are All I Want for Christmas is You, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Holly Jolly Christmas and Baby it's Cold Outside feat. Idina Menzel. My particular favourite is the last one; but they are all brilliant.

Mistletoe ~ Justin Bieber 
This is honestly one of my all time favourites. I absolutely love Justin Bieber anyway, and this Christmas song makes me love him even more.

All I Want for Christmas is You ~ Mariah Carey
This is a Christmas classic. It's pretty much the first Christmas song I listen to each year.

Fairytale of New York ~ The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl
This is another one of my all time favourites. This song is pretty much my definition of Christmas.

Wonderful Christmas Time ~ Paul McCartney
This song brings back many memories for me. When I was in primary, they would always take us to see a panto every year at christmas and we'd have to get a coach there. This song would always come on and I can remember us all singing it at the top of our lungs. This song always reminds me of that and I sometimes find it very nostalgic.

I'll Be Home - Meghan Trainor
I've only recently started listening to this song but I really love it. It's one of the songs that I'm constantly looking for and I now class it as one of my favourites.

One More Sleep ~ Leona Lewis
I first heard this song when Leona Lewis performed it on X Factor a few years ago and I instantly fell in love. I loved the stage design, the costumes and most importantly the song. Whenever I hear it, it always takes me to that moment of sitting in front of my TV and watching in absolute awe.

My Only Wish (This Year) ~ Britney Spears
Like I'll Be Home, I've also only started listening to this song this year. I didn't think too much of it at first but after having it constantly playing, I've learned to love it. 

Last Christmas  ~ Ariana Grande
I absolutely love this version of the song. As soon as I heard it I fell in love and it straight away became one of my favourites. I could quite happily have this song on repeat and not get tired of it.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas ~ Christina Aguilera
I've also only started listening to this song this year. I did like it when I first listened to it but now I absolutely love it. I don't know why I didn't instantly fall in love with it because it's now one of my all time favourites.

I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday ~ Wizzard
Again, another classic. 

The Power of Love ~ Gabriella Aplin
I am actually in love with this song and I'm not even lying. The originals okay but this version is absolutely beautiful. 

Stop the Cavalry ~ Jona Lewie
This is another classic. Every time this song comes on, I find myself starting to bob up and down in time with the beat but I'm not too sure why.

Merry Christmas Everyone ~ Shakin Stevens
Yet again, this is another classic. For some reason I find this a good song to decorate my Christmas tree to and I'm not too sure why exactly. 

Step into Christmas ~ Elton John
I swear I'm literally putting all of the classics into this favourites. I'm pretty sure that this is another song that we used to listen to in primary on the way to a panto. Whenever this song comes on I always find myself singing along to it.

Not Tonight Santa ~ Girls Aloud
I first heard this song a few years ago when I bought a Christmas CD (wow how times have changed - might as well as just waited a few years and got it for free on Spotify) and this song was on there. Even from the first time I heard it I remember dancing around my room to it. It's a great song to rock out to and I really recommend you listen to it.

Last Christmas ~ Taylor Swift
Like so many other songs on here, I've also only recently been introduced to this song. I've got to admit that I probably wouldn't put this song as one of my absolute favourites; but it did manage to get onto this list.

Last Christmas ~ Wham!
I mean, I've  included this song on this list three times now so it must be an absolute favourite of mine. 

A Spaceman Came Travelling ~ Chris de Burgh
For some reason, this song makes me get slightly emotional and I don't know why. But I really love this song and it reminds me of one of the Mrs Brown's Boys Christmas Specials where I think they all start singing this song. This song is definitely up there as one of my favourites.

Do You Hear What I Hear ~ Whitney Houston
I first heard this song at a Christmas carols service a few years ago and never truly appreciated it until I heard this version of the song. I really love it and within the first second of the song being played, I instantly know that it's this one.

Underneath the Tree ~ Kelly Clarkson
This is another of my all time favourites. This is the song I go to when I want to dance around the kitchen and sing at the top of my lungs.

This Christmas ~ Chris Brown
I've only listened to this song a couple of times and I'd never heard of it before seeing it on a Christmas playlist on YouTube but I actually think that it's a pretty good song. Admittedly, it's not the best but, at the end of the day, I do really like it and I'm not sure if lots of people will have heard it before.

So there are my favourite Christmas songs; but what are yours? If I've left one of your favourites out or you absolutely love one (or more) of the songs that I've mentioned on here and want to rave about it, then please feel free to do that in the comments below. 

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment