Friday 9 December 2016

Blogmas Day 9: The Christmas Tag

Today I thought that I'd do the Christmas tag. I saw this online recently and thought that I might as well have a go.

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
My favourite Christmas movie is probably either Nativity or Love Actually because they're the two Christmas films that I could quite happily watch over and over again. I watched Nativity when it was first released in cinema and absolutely loved it. It was also filmed quite close to me and was made into a trilogy (Danger in the Manger and Dude! Where's my Donkey?) but the last two aren't quite as good as the first one. I'm pretty sure the first time I watched Love Actually was last year and instantly loved it. I don't think I can actually fault anything with it. Another film I really like is Home Alone 1 and 2 but I do however think that the third is lacking slightly. I've never seen the fourth but I've been told that if I don't like the third one then I won't like the fourth. However I could be wrong so please leave your comments down below if you think it's worth watching or not.


2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Always Christmas morning. I never even realised that anyone opened their presents on Christmas Eve. I mean, in England its tradition that Santa delivers the presents on Christmas Eve and we open them on Christmas Day. But I'm guessing that it's different in some countries but I'm not quite sure. Let me know in the comments below if you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning and then tell me which country you're from because I'm actually quite interested to see which countries open their presents when.


3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I don't really have a favourite Christmas memory because to be honest all of my Christmas' have been pretty much the same. They all involve me waking up early (which is something I never do), opening presents, having family round, eating lots of food, realising that eating a lot of food was a mistake and spending the rest of the day lying somewhere regretting eating such a huge amount of food.


4. Favourite festive food?
Its got to be turkey. If someone turned around to me and told me that we weren't having turkey for Christmas dinner I would be absolutely devastated. That and pigs in blankets as well. I've been really tempted to become a vegetarian for a while now but it's genuinely these two foods that is putting me off it. I know that even if I became a vegetarian at the start of the year, by Christmas it would be too tempting and I'd end up eating the turkey and pigs in blankets anyway.


5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I don't think I've ever had a favourite Christmas gift; they've all been pretty good to be honest. Some personal favourites of mine were a barbie, a bike, an iPod, a quad bike and a go cart. I think those were the ones that I was genuinely really pleased and happy about getting and were the first things that came to mind when I saw this question.


6. Favourite Christmas scent?
My favourite Christmas scent is currently gingerbread. My mum recently bought a bar of soap for our bathroom and the first time I smelt it, it smelt of gingerbread which instantly reminded me of Christmas. To be honest until this year I've never really associated a certain smell with Christmas and I don't really know why it's happened this year. But gingerbread is definitely my favourite Christmas scent.


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
When I was younger we used to go to church every Christmas Eve but we haven't actually been in the past couple of years (to be fair, my family aren't entirely that religious). But because we don't really want to eat that much the night before Christmas (I literally barely eat anything just so that I have enough room for Christmas dinner the next day) we tend to just eat duck crispy pancakes. That may sound weird to some of you however it somehow became a tradition for me and my family and we get one of the kits for it so you have the pancakes, duck, the sauce that goes with it (can't remember what it's called), lettuce and cucumber. But honestly if you've never had a crispy duck pancake then I really recommend that you do because they are one of my favourite things ever. What we also do is, because my younger brother is four, we still put out the drink and food for Santa and the reindeer. When I was younger it was always the traditional mince pie and milk (or occasionally whisky) for Santa and a carrot and some water for the reindeer. But times have clearly changed since I was that age and we now seem to leave out whatever my younger brother feels Santa and the reindeer would like. 


8. What tops your tree?
For some reason we have an angel and a star so it tends to vary each year. However my mum bought a new star for the top of the tree a few years ago and  it seems to have been just that for the past few years. I'm not sure if the angels going to make a come back this year as we haven't got our tree yet (we're getting it tomorrow) but I'm guessing we'll just put the star up again.


9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I don't actually think there was a crazy, wild and extravagant gift that I always asked for but never received. Don't get me wrong, I can remember there being one or two gifts I always asked for but never got; however they weren't crazy, wild or extravagent. In fact, the fact that they're not crazy, wild and extravagant means that I can't actually remember what they were.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The best part of Christmas for me is all of it. I genuinely can't thing of one sole thing that I love more than anything else about Christmas. I love buying presents, the leadup to Christmas, advent calendars, food, seeing people opening their presents, being with people - just everything about it.

The person I'm going to tag to do this Christmas tag is YOU. If you have a blog then, great, you can do this on there. If not then I'd really love it if you could do this in the comments below. Obviously you don't have to do this if you don't want to or if you only want to do a few of these questions then you can do that as well. 

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment