Tuesday 13 December 2016

Blogmas Day 13: Favourite Christmas Movies

This is going to be a bit of a hard one for me as I'm not one of those people who can just sit around and watch movies all day. Plus I haven't really watched loads of Christmas movies (to be fair, I probably have but just can't remember them) so I won't have that many to put down. But anyway, here are some of my favourite Christmas movies:

Love Actually
 
This is probably my all time favourite Christmas movie. I'm not the biggest movie lover, however the first time I watched this I watched it twice in the same day. I just love how it focuses on the lives of different people and how they each spend their Christmas. It also has an amazing cast and I genuinely don't think I can find any fault with it. I particularly love Hugh Grant's portrayal of a prime minister and just love having visions that this is actually what it's like in 10 Downing Street away from all of the cameras and press. I don't actually know anyone that doesn't like Love Actually, but if that person is you then please let me know in the comments below. I just find it hard to believe that someone couldn't like this because it is rom com and Christmas at its finest.

Nativity
 
This film is absolute genius. There is nothing that you cannot love about it. I'll admit that the first one is loads better than the second and third but it's just pure comedy genius. It was also filmed about an hour away from me and I find it weird how some of the kids from the first film are the same age as me now (16). I'm just disappointed that my mum didn't put me down to have an audition for it! This is a great film that all of the family can sit down to watch at Christmas. To be fair, I just watch it whenever I need something to laugh at because it's a feel-good film that is pure comedy gold. If someone turned around to me tomorrow and told me that they don't like Nativity or haven't seen it then I think I would faint with shock. If you haven't watched it yet then I seriously suggest that you do and if you don't like it then I would like to know why: so please comment down below.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
 
The first time I watched this film was in school when my form tutor wanted to watch it because it's her favourite film. I'm going to admit that up until that point I'd never actually heard of this film but I'm so glad that she showed it to us now because it's one of my favourites. This is the first film that I watch in the lead up to Christmas as I find that it's the first socially acceptable Christmas film that you can watch. I love the idea behind it and I also love that it's one of Disney's darker films. I'll admit that I don't usually like dark films, however this film is different somehow. I really like the songs that are involved in this as well and I just don't think that I can fault any of it. Definitely recommend that you watch it over the festive period.

Home Alone 1&2
 
The first two Home Alone's are possibly one of the greatest Christmas films on earth. For some reason everything that Kevin does I can imagine myself doing and I don't know why. Then again, with everything that he does, I don't actually know how I'd do any of it. He's just an interesting character to watch and I always feel sorry for him and never understand how his parents could just forget him like that. However, I've also watched the third one and I don't get why they bothered to make it if they weren't going to keep any of the same cast as the original kid had grown up at this point. I haven't watched the fourth one but I've been advised not to as I don't like the third. But if you disagree and think I should watch it then please let me know in the comments below.

Those are my five favourite Christmas films. If you have any other recommendations then please let me know in the comments below.  I have watched the Grinch but it's never been the whole way through and it's been years since I've watched it so I can't properly remember it. However, it's at the top of my list of Christmas films I want to watch, as well as Elf as I'm also yet to see that. I would really like to get into more films (especially Christmas ones right now) and am open to any suggestion you have. 

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment