Tuesday 20 December 2016

Blogmas Day 20: Who Will You Be Spending Christmas With

Over the past couple of years, my Christmases have definitely been a lot weirder than those of the past because of my parents splitting up. This has meant trying to find a way to spend an equal amount of time with both my mum and my dad whilst taking into consideration other family members and who's going to be where at Christmas. Obviously as I'm still only 16 I don't really need to sort out where I'm spending Christmas because my mum and dad tend to sort that out between themselves. However, it's something I'm probably going to have to start thinking about in a few years time but all I know is that I don't want to be focusing most of my attention on one parent and a lot less on the other.

So, on Christmas Eve this year I will be going to my dads with my two younger brothers. This is what we've done over the past couple of years so I guess it will continue to stay that way. As my dad currently lives with my grans I know that she'll be there and I don't think that any other family members will be there as we tend to have a family get together a few days after Christmas. What we've done before the past couple of years on Christmas Eve (and this year is no exception) we tend to go to the pub that's just around the corner from my grans and have lunch. To be honest we don't really do that much more than that and tend to spend the rest of the day at my grans. 

On Christmas Day I'm going to be spending it at home with my brothers, my mum and my nan and grandad. We normally tend to open our presents in the morning that are from my mum and maybe a few others and then I always end up having to keep an eye on my brothers whilst my mum makes a start on Christmas dinner. Then at some point my Nan and grandad turn up and we open our presents from them and then they help my mum with the Christmas dinner; although they've normally done their bit at their house. The rest of the day pretty much just involves us eating, drinking, watching tv and sometimes playing games like charades and stuff like that and my Nan and grandad usually don't leave until late that evening.

Then on Boxing Day, me and my brothers go back to my dads. This gives us chance to give him his present and we can open ours from him, my gran and my uncles and aunties. I'm pretty sure that my uncles and aunts won't be there on Boxing Day so it will just be me, my brothers, my dad and my gran. We also have our own Christmas Day there as well so we'll have turkey, sprouts, pigs in blankets; you name it, we probably have it. Other than that we pretty much spend the rest of the day chatting and watching tv. It is a bit boring but they're family so what can you do.

So that's who I'm going to be spending my Christmas with. Writing this post has actually got me really excited for Christmas as before it sort of felt like it's ages away and that it wasn't going to happen but this post has made me realise how close it actually is. Only five more days to go!

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment