Saturday 17 December 2016

Blogmas Day 17: What Does Christmas Mean To You

For every person at Christmas, it can mean different things. Whether that's spending time with family and friends who you hardly ever see; or celebrating the birth of Christ. Today, I'm going to be telling you what Christmas really means to me and why I love to celebrate it. And the reason why I celebrate and love it so much is because it means I'm able to spend time with my friends and family.

Christmas means spending time with friends to me because they are the people who I am very fortunate to have met and to have shared such a huge amount of my life with: even though I've only known some of them for a few years. It's amazing how big an impact they've had on my life when they literally haven't even been here for a quarter of it. They basically know everything about me and have still chosen to stick by me and for that I am forever greatful. I see friends as the people who chose to be your family and aren't forced to be there. Friends can leave whenever they want but family have no choice in having to be around you or be there for you. But friends do have that choice. And as long as they choose to stay and make you feel good about yourself; then you know that you've got friends for life. 

Christmas also means spending time with family. I'm pretty sure we've all complained about our family at some point or another because there are many times when they drive us up the wall and make us wonder why we actually bother spending time with them. But at the end of the day they're our family and they're always going to be there; no matter what. They have been there for us since the start of our lives and will be there for many years to come. I know that I constantly say to people (I've also said it on here quite a few times as well) that my family drive me absolutely insane and that there are many times when I just can't be around them because I know that something's going to come up that's going to make me finally snap. But at the end of the day, they're the only people who are 100% always going to be there for me and can't ever walk out of my life without having some connection to me.

So that is what Christmas means to me. But I really want to know what Christmas means to you. Please let me know in the comments below what Christmas means to you as I'm really interested to know if it means the same to you as it does to me or if it means something else entirely.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment