Tuesday 6 December 2016

Blogmas Day 6: A Letter To Santa

Dear Santa,

This year what I would really like is for you to make sure that next year isn't as bad as this year has been. The truth is, I've had a pretty bad year and I'm not sure if I can take having another year like this one. Too many people have died and, to be quite honest, I don't know if I can handle another person dying. I guess that 2015 had also been a pretty bad year; but it was no where near as bad as this one. In general, the whole year has gone from bad to worse. It's like, just when you thought that it couldn't get any worse, it does. So please, Santa, make next year better than this one. Even if just one thing that happens makes the whole year better. That's all I ask.

I've also lost too many important people in my life. Various friends have just randomly walked out of my life; even though I really wanted them to stay. And yet I did nothing about it. I just let them walk right out of my life and didn't even try to hold on to them. Only three people bothered to keep in contact with me over the summer holidays. I went from talking to over ten people everyday to just three. One or two others have spoken to me a little bit since then but that was only to have a rant to me about something and they haven't even bothered to try and talk to me since. Then again, I haven't either. So please, Santa, this year can I have all of those people back in my life because I really miss them and need to talk to them again. That's all I ask.

There is one thing I would really like for Christmas this year though. And that's to have my grandad back. Not permanently because I couldn't stand him having to be in all that pain; but just so that I can have one last conversation with him. I know he died in 2015 but this year, for some reason, I miss him so much more than I did last year. I know that sounds bad but it's true. I think about him everyday and if I could just turn back time and do one think differently (at the least) then it might make me feel that little bit better now. The thing is, the last time I saw my grandad was on New Year's Day last year and he died a month later on the 2nd February. I could have gone to see him the day before he died, to say my final goodbye, but I didn't. I guess I just took him for granted and thought that he would be around forever. But now I know that he won't and I'm not sure how I feel about this. So please, Santa, could you bring my grandad back just so that I can talk to him one last time. I know that's a pretty impossible thing to ask for, but I would be forever grateful if you could do that for me.

Those are the three main things I really want for Christmas. I know that they're something that money can't buy; but I honestly wish that you could. I know they're three pretty impossible things to get me (especially the last one)  but I would be incredibly grateful to you if you managed to get me these three things. So please, Santa, could you make next year better than this one, bring most of my friends back and, most importantly, bring my grandad back so that I can have one last conversation with him.

Thank you so much in advance,

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment