Friday 16 December 2016

Blogmas Day 16: Christmas Food

Christmas food is probably one of the the biggest parts of Christmas Day. It's basically everything that you have with a roast dinner on one plate. I absolutely love the food we have at Christmas and for some reason, even though I eat it all at various parts throughout the year, it always tastes better somehow at Christmas. So here are the foods that I eat at Christmas.

Brussels Sprouts
 
Love them or hate them, Brussels sprouts are one of the main features of a Christmas dinner. I personally don't mind them. I know they're not the best tasting vegetables in the world but they don't taste as bad as some people make them out to. 

Turkey
 
Turkey is the main part of every Christmas dinner (unless you're vegetarian or vegan obviously) and is probably one of the main things that every meat eater looks forward to at Christmas. I know that some people chose other options to turkey to eat at Christmas, but I personally think that you can't have Christmas without turkey.

Pigs in Blankets
 
Pigs in blankets are probably my highlight of every Christmas. Literally when my mum and Nan were writing a list of food to get for Christmas Day, I had to keep on reminding them to remember to get pigs in blankets. Just looking at that picture is making my mouth water. As long as I have pigs in blankets on Christmas Day I'll be happy.

Christmas Pudding
 
I really like to eat Christmas pudding after I've eaten my Christmas dinner. I normally like to have it with cream and sometimes ice cream; all though it depends on how much I've already eaten. My gran normally makes quite a lot of Christmas puddings and always gives us a few and they are, so far, the best Christmas puddings I've ever eaten.

Christmas Cake
 
And to finish the whole lot off, I will normally end up eating a slice of Christmas cake at some point during the evening. I just find it a nice way to finish such a busy day off with a slice of Christmas cake and watching one of the Christmas specials on TV.

So there are some of my favourite Christmas foods. I think that mine are pretty standard and I'm really interest to know if you eat something completely different to what I eat. Also, if you're either vegetarian or vegan, what do you eat for Christmas? Please let me know in the comments below.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment