Thursday 8 December 2016

Blogmas Day 8: Why Do You Love Christmas

Chrismas is definitely my favourite time of the year and I absolutely love it. I love it because I love buying presents for people. I just love it when I see something and it makes me think of one of my friends and I know how happy they'll be if I buy it for them. I also love it when I buy something for my friends and I watch them open it and I can see the look on their face of how happy they are with what I've bought them. It's honestly the best feeling ever. If you say that you don't enjoy watching someone open something you've bought them and enjoy that look on their face that lets you know that you've done a good job then I don't even know what to say to you. I get that there's always that worry that you might have bought the wrong gift or that they might be faking their love for the present and actually hate it; but as long as I'm buying people presents that makes them happy then I'm happy too.

Another reason as to why I love Christmas is being around my friends and family. I know that a lot of the time I complain about having to go to this big family gathering at Christmas every year; but I've never known Christmas without it. Yes I get bored while I'm there and I get fed up of them only asking me how schools going and if I actually know what I want to do with my life yet; but at the end of the day they're my family and that's just how they are. I'm not always good in big group situations and if I'm feeling left out of the conversation then I often become quite anxious. However if I'm suddenly included in the conversation then it makes me feel so much better about myself. But friends and family are a big must at Christmas because they, to me, are the definition of Christmas.

I do love getting presents for myself at Christmas; as well as all of the food. But I think that it's more important to not think about yourself at Christmas and to think of others instead. After all, if it wasn't for others then you wouldn't be here. I know that at some point in our lives we have all complained about certain people in our lives; but those people are what make our life. If they weren't meant to be in our life then they wouldn't have anything to do with us. So this Christmas be thankful for those who are a part of your life and make you who you are. The people in our lives are pretty amazing and I'm pretty sure that if we thought they were that bad then they would be out of our lives by now. Those people are what have shaped us into who we are today and there is absolutely no way that we'd be who we are without them.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment