Sunday 11 December 2016

Blogmas Day 11: What Is Your Least Favourite Thing About Christmas

As much as I love Christmas, there are some things about christmas that I'm not a massive fan of. I think that my least favourite thing about Christmas is probably quite a common one. My least favourite thing about Chrismas is having to spend, pretty much, every second of every day with family.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family but it gets to the point where too much of them is enough. That's especially my dads side of the family. Whenever I'm with them all they seem to ask me about is how schools going and if I've figured out what I'm going to do with my life yet. I get that they probably just want the best for me but it's just so annoying that that's the only thing they talk to me about. Then they start coming up with a load of random suggestions of stuff that I could do and it's almost as if they're trying to force me to come up with something to do right there and then and I feel so rushed. 

Every time I have to think about seeing them it just makes me so miserable because I know that I'm not going to enjoy it. A lot of the time I feel like I'd rather be in lessons than be with my family because of how miserable it makes me. I also feel like I'm the one that's constantly being left out. Whenever they're planning a meal or booking a table somewhere they just presume that I'm not going to go and don't include me in it and then use that as an excuse when I do turn up. But then they just laugh it off and it just makes me even more miserable. I don't even want to turn up to these things but when I do I want to feel included and I don't so then it just makes me feel even less valued as a part of that family than usual.

My mums side of the family is completely fine. They make me feel as if I have got a family and always try and include me in everything that they're doing. I really get on with all of them as well and feel like I can pretty much be the real me around them. But with my dads side it's a whole other story. It's genuinely got to the point where I'm considering changing my last name to be the same as my mums (my parents are divorced) because I really don't want to be linked to my dads side of the family at all. And I know that's a bit harsh but I don't see why I should have to have the same last name as the people who constantly take me for granted and are part of the reason for making me miserable. The only other thing that makes me miserable is school. Now if that's not saying something about my family then I don't know what is.

So there is my least favourite thing about Christmas. If you feel the same as me then please comment below or let me know what it's like being with your family at Christmas. But if there's another thing that you don't like at Christmas then also leave a comment below. 

But I'm particularly interested to know if anyone else's family makes them feel miserable because I know that it's not right and none of us should be made to feel this way. Or if you want to contact me privately to talk about it then all of my contact details are in the contacts tab at the top of the page.

Love Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment