Sunday 18 December 2016

Blogmas Day 18: Holiday Outfit Ideas

Okay, so it gets to this time of year and there's plenty of parties going on and it gets to the point where we have no idea what to wear. It's like, we're stressed enough as it is by trying to buy presents for everyone, making sure we've sent out Christmas cards to everyone we know and sorting out where we're going for Christmas. Knowing what to wear to parties (and even the big day itself) is more stress added to everything else so today I thought that I'd help you out by giving you a few holiday outfit ideas for this festive party season.

Berry Sequin Sweater - £46
 
Christmas is all about sparkle and I saw this sweater in Next and instantly thought Christmas party season. If you're anything like me, I tend to find that sometimes wearing a dress can sometimes be a bit much and I don't wear them as much and would much prefer to wear a sweater. I thought that this would go really well with some black leggings (or possibly dark denim jeans) and black heels. You could wear this outfit on one of the occasions where you say you're going to wear jeans and a nice top - yet you can never find that nice top. This sweater is the nice top you've been looking for. Berry + sparkle = the perfect Christmas party outfit.

Lipsy Scuba Halta Mesh Sweetheart Skater Dress - £55
 
Nothing says simplistic yet elegant like a little black dress. I always find a little black dress to be kind of standard yet it's really easy to pull off and can go pretty well with anything you decide to wear with it. I think that you could team this dress with black heels and a small black bag with a gold chain. I also think that if you really want to pull of this look you could maybe curl your hair; but if you prefer your hair straightened then that would work just as well. Just go with whatever makes you comfortable. Again, this is also from next.

Fancy Dress
                

 
A lot of parties at this time of year are fancy dress. As you can see from the three pictures above, an elf, a snowman and Santa (mrs Claus) are some of the outfits that I have picked out. I would personally go as an elf because I'm really small but you can go for any of these or any costume that you find either online or in a fancy dress shop. Obviously, I can't put a price on any of these because different shops will sell them at different prices. However I imagine that most places will sell them for no more than £30. An alternative to this, though, is that you could either rent one or if you know a friend who has a spare costume that you could borrow, then use that. I imagine that you're only going to wear this once so I wouldn't really recommend you spending a lot of money on it.

Christmas Jumpers

Obviously you should probably (well, definitely) wear a Christmas jumper on Christmas Day. No one cares about you looking all done up and pretty (no offence) so a Christmas jumper and leggings is definitely the way to go. In fact, from now on, anyone who doesn't wear a Christmas jumper on Christmas Day is being disowned by me. There is no fun in Christmas if you are just going to sit there wearing nothing that is in any way, shape or form not related to Christmas. I personally love a good Christmas jumper and will most certainly be wearing one this year on Christmas Day to show my festive spirit. If you don't wear a Christmas jumper then you have no festive spirit. I'm sorry, but it's true.

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you a full long list of things you could wear for either parties or Christmas Day, but it's pretty impossible to try and cater for everyone's needs on here. Obviously everyone has certain styles they prefer and know what looks best on them. I've just tried to give you a few ideas if you genuinely have no idea what to wear. I know it's only a week until Christmas and that there have been loads of parties that have happened already (sorry for leaving this (kind of) late if you really needed help and you've already had your Christmas party) but it can't be helped I'm afraid. If you don't like the idea of any of these then I'm really sorry. One thing you could do is google Christmas party outfit ideas and see what comes up on there and hopefully you might find something. Similarly, if you have a really good idea of what someone could wear then please put it in the comments below to help that person out. Because Christmas is all about helping everyone else.

Love Beth xx




No comments:

Post a Comment